Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Persistence.....can I get an Amen?




People, persistence is key!

         It is in most cases, the main ingredient in success of any kind. In business, creation and love. The word Luck is typically associated with circumstances that came to fruition due to persistence. Follow through with your phone calls, meetings and to do lists. Particularly in music and film if you are not following through and being persistent, you will not see your goal as quickly as you would like.

         I don't want to put myself out there but I've personally dealt with more rejection then most. When I met Wyclef(all respect due), the first thing he told me was every label in the industry turned down the Fugees. Jay-z couldn't get touched with a ten foot pole at one point and WILL.I.AM was on his 2nd or 3rd record deal by the time we ever heard of The black Eyed Peas.

         You can quit and come back. You can procrastinate at times. You can even spite your passion or love out of anger, frustration or insecurity at times, but if you truly want something, you must be persistent. Be persistent, be persistent and be persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment