Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Artist tools....ONE STOP SHOPPING NOW AVAILABLE


      I found a great online resource for artists the other day. It's called Music Industry Online. They have everything you will need to market yourself and do business like a professional.

     Every artist needs to master their craft. This takes a life time. Once your ability and finished materials are ready to be displayed to the public(if you choose to be a commercial artist), you need the right tools to get you where you want to be.

     I've struggled at times with the proper tools. I used to call secretary's at labels, front desk people, anyone I could get on the phone and lie through my teeth to get A&R directories and who's looking lists. That's a whole different skill set lol.

     Todays artists are fortunate enough to have all the tools they will need to succeed at their finger tips. The site I find most helpful is, http://www.musicindustryonline.com/ . I do not normally plug sites but I believe this can help and save a ton of time. They have lists for everything. Contracts. Licensing info. All in one place. Def check it out. You'll find everything you need. They'll even help you get a record deal through their online submission form.

BD

View the 13 Sears commercial here....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1hXecN471A

No comments:

Post a Comment